Graham Health System understands Spiritual Care is part of the healing process. Our Chaplains can help people of different faiths and cultures cope with the stress of illness, injury, and being in the hospital. Our Chaplains are on site daily and offer Spiritual Care to all our patients. Patients may request visits with a Graham Chaplain at any time during their hospital stay. The Spiritual Care Department can also assist with contacting community clergy of a particular faith or religion.
Prayers may be requested at any time. Requests are made directly by asking a chaplain or by using the prayer boxes located outside the Chapel on the main level as well as in the ICU/OB waiting area located on the first floor of the hospital. Prayer requests can be completed and placed into the prayer boxes at any time.
Chaplains in the Spiritual Care Department may assist you with:
- Spiritual and emotional support in times of stress
- Empowering patients, families and staff to draw upon the strengths of their spiritual resources
- Prayer and blessings, if desired
- Support with end-of-life issues
- Support with grief, loss, and bereavement for patients and family members
- Contact and coordination with your own clergy and home congregation