What is the Graham Hospital Foundation?
The Foundation is a private not for profit foundation, governed by 14 volunteer board members. They care about maintaining excellence in health care and meeting tomorrow’s healthcare challenges. Foundation board members and donors share a common dream that their children and their children’s children will have access to the same superior healthcare they have had over their lives. That dream, moves closer to reality with ever new donation.
The Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of life, through philanthropy, for those served by Graham Hospital.
Graham Hospital is a true asset as the cornerstone of our areas’ health care delivery system. For nearly 100 years, families in Canton and throughout Fulton County have used the facility for a comprehensive array of medical services, from emergency care to surgical services, from obstetrical services to inpatient skilled care, from home health services to home medical equipment and for a myriad of other services.
Graham has grown into an intergraded delivery system, with over 700 dedicated staff members, 115 physicians, hundreds of dedicated volunteers and a patient base of 40,000 central Illinois residents.
Who makes up the Foundation?
The Foundation is made up of a group of 14 dedicated volunteers who serve as Board members and direct the overall governance of the GH Foundation. The Foundation has a Director as well as a President. They carry out the day-to-day operations of the organization and coordinate all meetings of the Board and the Board's Sub Committees.
What is the purpose of the Foundation?
The Graham Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation formed exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes and to provide financial support for major additions and upgrades to the property, plant and equipment at Graham Hospital.
Where is the Foundation located?
The Foundation Director's office and that of her assistant are housed at Graham Hospital, within the Marketing suite on the ground floor. The Foundation President's office is located in Hospital Administration on the lower level of the hospital.
When does the Foundation meet?
The Foundation Board meets on a regular basis every quarter. Committees of the Board meet regularly, and the Board meets on an as-needed basis when special fund raising events are being planned.
How can I contribute to the Foundation?
People who wish to make a financial contribution can do so directly through a cash donation, a pledge, appreciated stock, life insurance policies, their estate, or through a myriad of other vehicles. The Foundation highly recommends potential donors plan their gifts in concert with their tax consultant and/or attorney.
People wish to donate their time and expertise to the Foundation are sincerely appreciated as well, and can volunteer directly through the Foundation office.
What do Foundation donors receive?
Donors to the Graham Hospital Foundation benefit from significant tax benefits, but the ultimate benefit is the satisfaction of having made a personal investment in the future of our community’s health.
Foundation donors are invited to special hospital and foundation educational programs, including an annual recognition dinner. At these events, donors receive an “inside look” at Graham Hospital and all the plans for future growth within the organization.
Members receive special recognition in the Graham Hospital newsletter and also receive ongoing updates on hospital and foundation activities.
Does the Graham Hospital Foundation need my gift?
Yes, today more than ever. Consider the following:
Freedom to do what’s best for patients.
Graham hospital, like most hospitals throughout the country, receives the bulk of their revenues through the federal Medicare and state Medicaid programs.
Both programs reimburse Graham at or below the actual cost to deliver that care to Medicare and Medicaid recipients. While Graham operates at a profit when combining its no Medicare and Medicaid revenue, the overall payments are insufficient to adequately fund new building projects, purchase state-of-the- art technology, or fund educational opportunities in the School of Nursing.
What will my donation support?
- Your donation will provide much needed financial support for major additions and upgrades to the property, plant and equipment at Graham Hospital. It can also be designated to the School of Nursing for student's financial needs.
Can I designate my gift for a specific purpose?
- Yes, The donor always has the flexibility to designate their gift towards a specific piece of equipment, to specific project, to a specific unit or area within the hospital or to a specific project.
Who determines how my gift is used?
- If the gift is not restricted by the donor, the Foundation Board of Directors, with input from the Foundation Director and President determine how the gift is used, or if not used how it will be invested for use in future years.
Can I make a gift in honor or in memory of someone?
- Yes, gifts can be made in memory of a loved one or in honor of a loved one.
Can I make an anonymous gift?
- Yes, your gift will be accepted and your name will remain confidential if that is your desire.
Are gifts tax deductible?
- Yes. Please consult your Certified Public Accountant or Attorney for specific tax advice.
What will the Foundation do with my personal information?
- All information will remain in the strictest confidence.
Where can I find financial information for the Foundation?
- The Foundation files a Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service each year. The Foundation also highlights on an annual basis the levels of giving it has received. This years' results are posted on the web site under Financial Results.
I want to make a donation. Where do I mail it, and how do I make out the check?
- Donations are accepted at:
The Graham Hospital Foundation
210 West Walnut Street
Canton, Illinois 61520
- Donations are accepted at: